WOBURN, Mass. — June 15, 2010 — HealthcareSource®, the leading provider of talent management solutions for the healthcare industry, today announced a new white paper that outlines the top 5 strategies for improving healthcare employee satisfaction. The paper is based on findings which were obtained from HealthcareSource’s latest Community Conversations™, a facilitated forum of HR professionals from U.S. healthcare providers who collaborated to explore strategic healthcare business issues and discuss how they can be addressed through talent management practices.
Results of the forum will be discussed in detail during a live webinar on July 13 at 2:00 p.m. eastern. The webinar, which will include three HR professionals presenting case studies from their U.S. healthcare provider organization, will also outline best practices for implementing employee performance management technology for greater employee satisfaction.
“In our organization, I see a direct correlation between employee satisfaction and patient satisfaction,” said Bob Sincich, vice president of human resources at the ACMC Healthcare System. “When we work to drive up our employee engagement scores we see that our HCAHP scores follow. And with higher patient satisfaction, we see higher reimbursed revenue. There is a clear and valuable connection to the success of the organization when employees are more engaged and content.”
The top five strategies for improving employee satisfaction identified during the Community Conversations forum include:
1. Provide clarity on job function and expectations — The process of updating and centralizing job descriptions and getting employee acknowledgement, provides better clarity and understanding of responsibilities, and improves employee satisfaction.
2. Increase the frequency of job-related communication between manager and employee — The participants noted how the performance management software actually drove regular and meaningful interaction between manager and employee, something that was often lacking.
3. Provide clarity on employee goals, and track and communicate progress — Setting, tracking, and managing employee goals is very difficult in healthcare. Patient care demands that employees focus on the urgent issues of the day, not necessarily on important long-term goals. Employee performance management software makes this much easier by providing a structure and a reminder system that keeps focus on goals and creates an easy system for documentation, follow through, and dialogue.
4. Document and communicate positive feedback — Performance management software makes it easy to document positive employee feedback. And because it is easy to document and is visible and accessible, it creates an environment that encourages managers and employee documentation of employee accomplishment. This promotes recognition, which drives higher employee satisfaction.
5. Communicate and educate — Most employees want communication and training. Employee performance management software can provide a good vehicle to efficiently deliver both, and makes sure the employee acknowledges the communication.
“With such a clear connection between patient satisfaction and satisfied employees, software-based performance management solutions, like Performance Manager, can have a dramatic impact on the healthcare provider organization overall,” said Michael DiPietro, vice president of marketing and product management, HealthcareSource. “The results of our forum strongly indicate that when you can use software to better manage appraisals, goals, online training, feedback and more, it produces a valuable starting point for driving communication throughout the organization. And that’s what drives the true results.”
HealthcareSource Performance Manager makes it easy to reduce the risk and leverage the opportunities of a good performance management system. It helps healthcare organizations manage employee performance by automating the workflow and content for performance appraisals, competency management, and learning management. It starts with clear job descriptions, a competency library, and organizational goals. From these foundational elements, Performance Manager drives paperless employee performance appraisals, ongoing communication between employee and manager, tracking of appraisal workflow, competency tracking, in service, and other learning opportunity tracking.
To register for the July 13 webinar, please visit: http://solutions.healthcaresource.com/employee-sat-webinar.html. A complete whitepaper on the HealthcareSource Community Conversations findings, “Improving Employee Satisfaction in Healthcare through Effective Employee Performance Management,” is also available for download by visiting: http://solutions.healthcaresource.com/employee-sat-whitepaper.html.
With more than 1,000 hospital customers, HealthcareSource is the leader in talent management for the healthcare industry. Through its software-as-a-service solutions, HealthcareSource helps hospitals acquire, develop, and retain the best workforce possible in order to maximize the quality and efficiency of patient care. The company’s talent management solutions include performance management, onboarding, applicant tracking, video interviewing and a leading healthcare job board. A private corporation, HealthcareSource focuses exclusively on the healthcare industry and consistently earns high marks for client satisfaction and retention. To learn more, please visit www.healthcaresource.com or call (800) 869-5200.
This press release was distributed through PR Web by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.