Washington, D.C. — March 17, 2010 — The Human Capital Institute (HCI) today announced the appointment of its new Advisory Board comprised of leading Senior Executives and Talent Management Practitioners from diverse industries and organizations.
HCI’s National Advisory Board is an independent group that regularly advises HCI’s executives, associates, members and other stakeholders. Their role is to contribute to a world-wide network of business leaders committed to integrating strategic talent management principles and practices across their organizations, as well as advise on HCI’s standard curriculum platform, certification and designation programs for strategic talent management and provide valuable insight for the most effective, forward-looking research, information and events for HCI’s individual and corporate members.
HCI’s Advisory Board Members are:
• Dr. Peter Cappelli, Professor of Management, The Wharton School
• Rob Cross, Professor of Management, University of Virginia
• Bob Falcey, Independent Consultant
• Joie Townsend, Strategic Leadership Development, ITT Corporation
• Jeff Akin, Principal- Organization & Strategy, Human Capital Management, Booz Allen Hamilton
• Joe Ilvento, Global Director Functional Learning & Development, Citigroup, Inc.
• Robert Bleimeister, Director, Business Strategy, Office of Business Transformation, U.S. Army
• John Fleming, Principal & Chief Scientist for Customer Engagement, Human Sigma, Gallup Consulting
• Maria Rotundo, David Y Timbrell Associate Professor OB/HRM, Joseph L Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
• Mara Swan, Executive Vice President /Global Strategy and Talent, Manpower
• Ron Garrow, Global Learning Executive, Bank of America
• John Steenbock, Director of Manpower, Personnel and Services, US Air Force Materiel Command
• David Granger, Capability Solutions Lead, Accenture
• David Smith, Managing Director-Human Performance, Americas , Accenture, LLP
• Max Caldwell, Managing Principal & Leader of Workforce Effectiveness, Towers Perrin
• John C. Leutner, Head, Global Learning Services, Xerox Corporation
• David Sutherland, Director of Strategic Workforce Planning and Reporting, CH2M HILL
“We are fortunate to have these distinguished directors serving our membership”, said Michael Foster, HCI Chairman and CEO “They are all thought leading experts in talent strategy, and are uniquely qualified to help our executive team shape the agenda for HCI in 2010 and beyond.”
About The Human Capital Institute
The Human Capital Institute (HCI) is a catalyst for innovative new thinking in talent acquisition, development, deployment and new economy leadership. Through research and collaboration, our global network of more than 175,000 members develops and promotes creativity, best and next practices, and actionable solutions in strategic talent management. Executives, practitioners, and thought leaders representing organizations of all sizes, across public, charitable and government sectors, utilize HCI communities, education, events and research to foster talent advantages to ensure organizational change for competitive results. In tandem with these initiatives, HCI’s Human Capital Strategist professional certifications and designations set the bar for expertise in talent strategy, acquisition, development and measurement. For more information, please visit www.hci.org
This press release was distributed through PR Web by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.