The current civil war in Syria is the most horrific humanitarian crisis of the current time with the world’s largest refugee population of over 4 million people currently registered with the UN. Canada is committed to bringing 25,000 families into Canada in what will be the largest grassroots community-led effort. In order to be successful, the local communities need to be empowered with the tools and education required to make these resettlements successful.
HR.com is committed to:
1. Offering a free community based app where a community can come together to raise funds, increase awareness, and track donations of products and time for families in their local community
2. Building a large database of skilled workers currently in refugee camps to identify available skills for hard to find positions or even people who can be hired to work remotely
3. Producing a “Live Aid” like event called LEAD2016 which will be broadcasted live into local communities on World Leadership Day, February 3rd, to support fundraising drives for local resettlement or to help those still in refugee camps . LEAD2016 broadcasts 13 Keynote speakers and 4 entertainers in a 1 day program to create #AWorldInspired. The event will be broadcasted live via a secure YouTube channel. Interested individuals can attend the event in person in Nashville, TN or simulcast it into their workplace, community, or corporate event. Find more information: www.LEAD2016.com
4. Harnessing the compassion and hearts of their 55 employees to sponsor a family in their local area
– Unite employees by enabling employee matching programs to contribute to the cause
– Sponsor a family or several families
– Hire incoming refugees looking for work in their local market
– Donate products and services as well as money to help people resettle into Canada in local communities or on a national basis
HR.com and LEAD2016 are encouraging other companies to take the opportunity to do their part in making an impact on the crisis in Syria and the displacement of millions of upstanding citizens to over populated camps in surrounding countries.
“As long as we stand together and see the good in each other, we can build a better world for all people.”
Mark Zuckerberg, Founder and CEO at Facebook
About Save the Children: For almost 80 years, this non-profit organization has helped children in 120 countries and has been active with boots on the ground with refugees in the Middle East. Charity Navigator gives it its highest ranking. www.savethechildren.org at 4141 Yonge St, North York, ON M2P 2A8. Donations to support Refugees in Camps can be made to Save the Children.
About International Development and Relief Foundation (IDRF): A Canadian-based non-profit, founded in 1984, for the purpose of providing emergency relief and development projects, IDRF is among the top 25 charities recognized by the Canadian agencies as “worthy of donations.” Its focus is to help refugees settle in Canada and provide relief in Camps globally. www.idrf.com Donations to support Refugees settling in a local Canadian community can be made online to IDFR with an indication of the funds’ preferred target or mailed to International Development & Relief Foundation, 908 The East Mall, 1st Floor, Toronto, ON M9B 6K2
About LEAD2016: LEAD2016 is a 2-day leadership forum designed to inspire leadership in people from all walks of life, live simulcast to hundreds of remote host sites internationally. The event will bring top thought leaders and the world’s best leadership practices into any organization and communities and is scheduled for February 3rd and 4th, 2016 in Nashville, Tennessee, at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. www.LEAD2016.com February 3rd will be broadcasted globally to support the Children in Syrian Refugee Camps or Syrians resettling in Canada.
About HR.com: HR.com, the largest global social networking and resource site for HR Professionals is committed to providing a deeper understanding of the HR function for over 250,000+ members by offering LEAD – a Global Leadership annual event, Leadership500 Awards, HR Certification Exam Prep Courses, certification programs, a personal development app, monthly themed HR epublications, 4,500+ webcasts, 1,200+ eLearning credits, 230+ virtual conferences, blogs, community networks, industry news and advisory boards. http://www.hr.com
Chief Instigator and CEO