Boston & Toronto, March 4, 2011: I Love Rewards, the leader in employee rewards and recognition solutions, inspires employers to go beyond a paycheck to recognize and reward employees today, on Employee Appreciation Day.
“It’s important to take time, not only on Employee Appreciation Day, to provide meaningful recognition and rewards that will engage and motivate the employees that drive business results every day,” says Razor Suleman, CEO and founder, I Love Rewards. “Employee Experience is a determining factor in productivity, retention, and a company’s bottom line, which is why celebrating success is one of I Love Rewards’ values and a fundamental part of our culture.”
The 2011 Employee Engagement Report found that only 31% of employees are engaged, which means that the remaining 69% are achieving their highest level of productivity to drive bottom-line results. March 4th’s Employee Appreciation Day is an opportune time to instill a culture of recognition at any workplace. Performance-based recognition should be promoted across all levels of an organization and attached to meaningful rewards. A paycheck does not influence an employee’s level of motivation or engagement, but specific praise and a desirable reward has a lasting impact on long-term performance.
“When I first published 1001 Ways to Reward Employees, I noticed that there was a Boss’s Appreciation Day (in October each year), but no similar day set aside for employees,” says Dr. Bob Nelson, founder of Employee Appreciation Day, President, Nelson Motivation Inc. and multi-million copy best-selling author of 1001 Ways to Reward Employees. “Employees need to be recognized every day for the great work they do and I felt an Employee Appreciation Day would be one way to remind managers everywhere of that fact and how important and meaningful it is to thank employees for all that they do.”
On Employee Appreciation Day, I Love Rewards is celebrating its most successful quarter in company history. I Love Rewards has chartered a plane from Toronto to New York to show its employees that their contributions are not only noticed, but appreciated. To kick off the holiday and raise awareness, I Love Rewards created an Office Flash Mob Video performed by employees that are engaged and passionate are about their workplace.
About I Love Rewards:
I Love Rewards is an employee recognition solution that helps companies recognize brilliant performance and empowers employees to choose their own rewards. Unlike traditional service award programs, I Love Rewards creates authentic moments of recognition that resonate with workers of every generation. I Love Rewards’ clients include 3M, Eli Lilly, Marriott, ConAgra Foods and Health Now. On the web at www.iloverewards.com
This press release was distributed through PR Web by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.