May 6, 2014 – Long Island City, NY – In honor of National Nurses’ Week (May 6-12), Michael C. Fina, a leading provider of global employee recognition and incentive programs, today released a new infographic “Top Five Recognition Initiatives for Nurses.”
As demand for nursing professionals is on the rise, hospitals and healthcare organizations’ top forms of recognition for nurses include initiatives for:
1. Patient Satisfaction – With more focus on the patient experience, it is critical for healthcare organizations to acknowledge nurses for exceptional patient care.
2. Manager-to-Peer – To help foster employee engagement in an often high-stress work environment, managers should regularly recognize their colleagues.
3. Service Awards – Commemorating work anniversaries – as early as the one-year mark – helps build employee loyalty.
4. Above & Beyond Performance – Showing appreciation for long shifts and extra dedication creates a more positive work environment.
5. Certification & Training – Recognition for compliance initiatives helps increase motivation and further incentivizes nurses to meet organizational requirements.
“It is important to recognize nurses in meaningful ways, as they are vital to the hospitals and the patients and families they serve,” said Ashley Fina, president of Michael C. Fina. “Recognition programs with initiatives designed specifically for nurses lead to a more engaged nursing staff and a positive, patient-friendly work environment.”
Michael C. Fina’s “Top Five Recognition Initiatives for Nurses” can be downloaded at http://www.mcfrecognition.com/media/articles/16_Top-Employee-Recognition-Initiatives-for-nurses.pdf.
About Michael C. Fina
Michael C. Fina is a leading provider of global employee recognition and incentive programs that not only align with core values and business goals, but also inspire people to do great things. With a focus on personal service, the company’s recognition and incentive programs help organizations develop more inspired relationships with their employees. Headquartered in New York since 1935, Michael C. Fina is family-owned and operated and certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council.