Washington, DC — January 12, 2010 — Infohrm, the global leader in workforce planning, reporting and analytics solutions, today celebrates the continued growth of its membership base across 2009. Corporate clients joining the Infohrm Program this year include Aon Corporation, Comcast, and Highmark.
In today’s challenging economy, organizations face a myriad of macro- and micro-economic threats, from industry restructuring and new competitors to the potential loss of key talent and decreasing employee engagement. Developing effective responses to these requires an even greater emphasis on using data to understand critical business and talent management trends, identifying new revenue opportunities, managing risks, and cutting costs.
Increasingly, empirical evidence indicates that organizations are better positioned to reap the operational, strategic, and financial benefits from workforce planning and analytics.
For example, Infohrm’s 2009 Global Survey entitled “Workforce Planning: Ensuring HR’s Role in the Business” found that the number of organizations engaged in workforce planning increased to 60 percent in 2009, representing a rise of 10 percent over 2008. A further 25 percent will launch a workforce planning practice within the next twelve months. The overwhelming majority of respondents believe that workplace planning provides a positive benefit, with 81 percent of respondents indicating that the practice is moderately or highly valuable to the business.
In addition, independent research from the Aberdeen Group — “Intelligent Human Capital Management: Workforce Analytics Drives Profit and Performance” — shows that organizations using workforce reporting and analytics experienced year-over-year increases in Revenue-per-FTE (6 percent), Profit-per-FTE (11 percent), and Employee Performance (17 percent).
“Infohrm’s unique business model for delivering workforce planning and analytics solutions is driving superior business results for our clients and we’re delighted to welcome many of the world’s top-performing companies to the Infohrm membership,” said Brian Kelly, President of Infohrm North America. “Our best-in-class SaaS technology application and strategic consulting services are enabling HR and business leaders to use data in answering many strategic talent questions, such as:
1. What financial and operating risks will our organization face through a loss of key talent?
2. What is our revenue per employee and how does it vary across lines of business or geographies?
3. Which lines of business experience the greatest annual `knowledge loss’ from terminations, transfers, and promotions combined?
4. Do we retain our key/most productive people at a higher rate than our competitors?
5. What is the magnitude of competency gaps between needed and actual capabilities?”
Complementing the workforce reporting, planning, and analytics applications are professional development services that assist organizations with implementing a measurement program and conducting advanced analytics on deep-dive business issues. According to Paige Menge, Infohrm’s Manager of Consulting Services, “HR leaders recognize the importance of building a strong capability within their teams for human capital measurement, and so have turned to Infohrm’s expertise on launching a Center of Analytics Excellence, teaching core techniques in predictive modeling, and crafting a strategic workforce plan.”
Across 2009, Infohrm has:
– Continued a strong stream of product innovation with the launch of the workforce planning ACT module, capability-based forecasting, and TalentFlow Analytics
– Published 6 new case studies, including how a leading health benefits company saved $6 million through analysis of turnover drivers
– Launched 5 Industry Consortia, providing benchmarking, networking, industry analytics, and best practices to firms in the Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Global Technology, Healthcare, and Retail sectors
– Conducted several industry-leading events solely focused on human capital measurement, including the 2009 Workforce Planning Summit in San Francisco, Infohrm Academy workshops, and just-announced HR Executive Information sessions
Infohrm will also host its 5th Annual Workforce Analytics & Planning Conference in Washington, DC on April 19th and 20th. To learn more or to register, go to the Infohrm Conference homepage.
Infohrm is the global leader in on-demand workforce planning, reporting, and human capital analytics solutions. With over 25 years of experience, and a strong customer base consisting of Fortune 1000, non-profit, and government clients, Infohrm has paved the way for organizations to measure the impact of human capital initiatives and drive business results. The Infohrm solutions couple leading edge software with strategic consulting and HR professional development services that focus on the analysis of data to help organizations make informed decisions around human capital practices.
Learn more at www.infohrm.com
This press release was distributed through PR Web by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.