CHICAGO / August 19, 2010 — In order to get the most out of their contingent workers, companies need to ensure they have the right skill sets and focus to be successful. With this in mind, Marketing Resources Solutions, Inc, a national professional service agency specializing in marketing staffing and solutions, including interim staffing, special projects and consulting on an individual or departmental basis, released seven tips that employers should heed when selecting a staffing firm.
According to the American Staffing Association, the temporary and contract employment sector has led all other hiring sectors over the past nine months, adding 379,000 jobs across the U.S. since September 2009. While typically a sign that an increase of permanent hiring will closely follow, that may not be the case this time.
“The efficiency and flexibility that interim staffing offers has made companies look at it as a permanent organizational change rather than a trend that will fade once the economy recovers,” said Marcia Pellicone, president of Marketing Resources Solutions. “And, it’s not just the employers who are turning to interim staffing. Experienced marketing professionals are finding that they can jump in and work with leading corporations when working with a marketing staffing agency.”
The right professional staffing firm can go a long way in fulfilling an employer’s wish list and become a critical extension to specific departments within the company. The following are things to look for when choosing to develop a relationship with an agency that can fill requests for workers with specific professional skills:
• Does the firm provide benefits for their contingent workers such as medical and dental? Benefits can be an important element for attracting and retaining top talent.
• Is the person who will fill orders willing to meet in person to become better acquainted with hiring needs?
• Conduct some research to figure out the agency’s reputation in the community. Have any complaints been filed with the Better Business Bureau or any state agencies?
• What kind of training does the agency provide? Will the agency provide specialized training to meet a client company’s needs?
• How do they assess their interim professionals? Does the agency use personality profiles? Do they perform background and drug tests?
• How quickly can the agency get a qualified contingent worker to an employer?
• Does the firm provide additional services like temp-to-hire or special projects/consulting on an individual or departmental basis?
If used strategically, an interim staffing firm can provide a critical extension to a company’s departments. In order to build a successful relationship, it is important to research and carefully select a firm that will meet both current and future needs.
About Marketing Resources Solutions Inc
Marketing Resources Solutions Inc., is a professional service agency specializing in marketing staffing and solutions. With four regional offices, the company supplies world-class organizations with experienced, high-caliber professionals specializing in market research, marketing communications, brand or product management, channel strategies, merchandising and event planning.
To learn more about Marketing Resources Solutions, go to www.mrsstaff.com.
e-mail protected from spam bots
This press release was distributed through PR Web by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.