Michael C. Fina, a leading provider of global employee recognition and incentive programs, has published a new eBook, “A Guide to Employee Appreciation,” to help leaders celebrate their team members’ achievements. Employee Appreciation Day occurs on March 7, but this guide can be referenced year-round.
Whether showing appreciation for an employee’s service anniversary, celebrating a team accomplishment or a retirement, the free eBook provides ideas for recognizing employees in meaningful and engaging ways every day.
“Recognizing employees for their good work can help make them feel more engaged and connected to the company culture,” said Ashley Fina, president of Michael C. Fina. “Demonstrating that appreciation with special celebratory events can help create memorable experiences for employees.”
In the eBook, Michael C. Fina offers some of the leading ways to recognize employees, promote team-bonding and show appreciation, including:
1. Get out of the office. Plan a team-building event offsite for a refreshing change of scenery. Karaoke, a baseball game or a spa day anyone?
2. Food is good. Host a themed potluck luncheon, company picnic or outdoor ice cream event.
3. Game on. Echoing the increased corporate emphasis on wellness, go bowling, play an afternoon of wiffle ball or sponsor an employee team for a community walk.
4. Be charitable. Team up with a local charity and ask employees to participate in a staff-wide fundraiser or awareness event.
5. Dress up. Remember spirit week? Crazy hair day or pajama day may not be appropriate for the office but ask everyone to wear pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and donate $5 for everyone who participates.
“Recognition events can really bring teams together and employers should look for opportunities that tie recognition to the company’s overall core values,” adds Fina.
For more information, download “A Guide to Employee Appreciation,” at http://info.mcfrecognition.com/rs/mcfina/images/Employee-Appreciation-Day-Guide-eBook.pdf.
About Michael C. Fina
Michael C. Fina is a leading provider of global employee recognition and incentive programs that not only align with core values and business goals, but also inspire people to do great things. With a focus on personal service, the company’s recognition and incentive programs help organizations develop more inspired relationships with their employees. Headquartered in New York since 1935, Michael C. Fina is family-owned and operated and certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council.