Pittsburgh-based Select International, a global provider of human resource assessment solutions, will flex its research muscle by presenting several panel discussions and research papers at the 26th annual conference of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP), held this April 14-16 in Chicago.
Members of Select International’s R&D team will host panel discussions and conduct poster presentations spotlighting the company’s industry-leading research on various hiring issues; including detecting applicant falsification, multimedia simulations, organizational feedback and content validity.
“Ongoing research is something we strongly encourage at Select International,” said Dr. Matthew O’Connell, Executive Vice President and Co-Founder. “We’re proud to have many of the country’s top researchers on our team, and it’s rewarding to have SIOP recognize their accomplishments.”
At the three-day conference, Select International will present its research in a number of ways:
* 7 poster presentations, including “Mean Scores and Validity Differences among Bogus Item Endorsement Groups,” which was chosen out of thousands of papers nationwide as a Top Paper Award. Co-authors of the paper are Kristin Delgado, M.S., Esteban Tristan, Ph.D., Mavis Kung, Ph.D., and Matthew O’Connell, Ph.D.
* 4 Panel Discussions covering topics that include
– So, You Think You Want to be a Consultant?
– Researching I/Os: What Happens When We Work Remotely?
– Validation in the Real World: Land Mines to Avoid
* One study will be presented as part of a symposium discussing how best to encourage and use organizational feedback. Select International Consultant Adam Hilliard will present along with Allison Gabriel and Paul Levy, Ph.D., both from the University of Akron.
About Select International
Since its founding nearly two decades ago, Select International’s focus has been developing cutting-edge employee assessments. Select International’s products and solutions help organizations find, hire and retain the best employees at all job levels, from entry-level to executive. The company provides Application Tools, Screening Tools, In-Depth Assessments and Interviewing Tools to large and small companies across all industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, customer service, energy, retail, transportation & logistics, and distribution.
Select International is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, and maintains offices throughout North America and around the globe. For more information on Select International, call 1-800-786-8595 or visit www.selectinternational.com.
This press release was distributed through PR Web by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.